Thursday, March 13, 2014

Update

Kids Get Arthrits, Too

Wow, it really has been a long time since I have updated you all on Madison. First of all, I would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to everyone who donated or walked with us for the Jingle Bell Walk/Run for Arthritis. We were the 2nd largest team and we were the 3rd team to raise the most money in New Mexico. I am so proud of that and I have you all to thank. The event in Old Town, Albuquerque was one of the most heartwarming experiences I have ever been apart of. We were surrounded by nothing but love and it was the most incredible and amazing feeling. If anything, it has taught me that together, we can raise enough money to find a cure for this horrible disease if we keep advocating.

Madison is doing excellent. I could not be more proud of her. She is just excelling in everything she does and she makes me so happy to be her mom. Madison's Naproxen was making her little tummy so upset. After meeting with Dr. Johnson, he agreed to take Madison off of the Naproxen because he was seeing how horrible it was making her feel. He felt comfortable with taking her off of it because he felt confident that the Methotrexate had completely taken over, so she really didn't need the Naproxen any longer because it is just a non-steriod anti-inflammatory medicine. That was a relief to hear because every single day Madison would be sick. She was constantly just throwing up and never eating because she was too afraid it would hurt her tummy. 

Madison saw Dr. Johnson and her ophthalmologist, Dr. Leenheer, on January 6. Both doctors were so impressed with her progress. Dr. Leenheer is always bragging about how Madison is the best patient she has and that also makes me very proud of my sweet, brave girl. She will see both doctors again on April 10 and I will update as soon as possible. 

I have also added a link to my Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest accounts so that I can be easily reached by parents and families who are also dealing with JRA in their families. I always love to connect with other people who can relate to our experiences. 

As always, I thank you for your love and support. 

Until next time, 
Miranda 



No comments:

Post a Comment